• 100 watts (4 x "Winged C" EL34's and 7 x Selected 12AX7's)
• 2 fully independent channels (Channel 1 - Clean/Channel 2 - Crunch) with two independent voicings on Channel 2 (2A for a heavy overdrive tone, 2B for a more saturated, smooth high gain tone)
• Both Channels feature Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence
• Dual Volume/Gain Channel 2 (switchable, allows for two gain settings with 2 volumes for level adjustment to match volumes)
• Foot selectable boost switch with tube-driven boost (boosts clean channel and both volume/gain controls on crunch channel). Boost is adjustable from the front panel for approx. 0 - 20db boost
• Rear panel low frequency 3-position adjustment switch (allows for changing the amount and character of the bottom end - effects both channels)
• 4 switch foot controller for direct access to all three volume/gain controls (Channel 1, Channel 2A, Channel 2B) connected with a 5-pin XLR cable
• 3 x 1/4" jacks tied to the footswitch controller for controlling through tip to ground control mechanisms as an alternate to the footswitch controller
• 110v, 120v, 220v and 230/240v output selection
• Ohm selector switch for 4, 8 or 16ohm output
• Blue LED's light the box for a distinctive look on stage, along with a classic tolex wrapped front panel with inset grille
• All components specifically spec'd and tested by Diamond before inclusion in the product
• Independent LED's indicate which volume/gain is active and whether the boost is engaged
• Properly designed, tube-driven effects loop (shorting jack so the loop will automatically engage when cables are plugged in and disengage when cables are removed)
• Front panel Effects Return control that acts as an overall master when loop is engaged for quick overall volume adjustment
The new line from Diamond, the Decada is the natural progression of amp design and voicing. The Decada is both more elegant and refined than its sibling, the ruder and more aggressive Spec Op. Tonally, the Decada has tighter low end, smoother mids and highs, and creamier gain for a softer, smoother feel on Channel 2, while retaining all the characteristics of the heralded Diamond clean channel. New with the Decada is Diamond's first Ch2A/Ch2B configuration that voices 2A and 2B differently (2A for rhythm, 2B for leads) and still retains the tube-driven clean boost. The Decada sports ALL the same features and switching options as the Spec Op, but comes with a half-power switch standard. Packaged in a classy tolex-wrapped front panel with inset metal grille and blue LED's, the Decada's look is as elegant as its tone
The clean channel has gotten DA rave reviews from the players. It provides full, round and rich clean tones not customary in high-gain heads with enough headroom to give you vintage/classic rock tones and everything in between
The crunch channel is voiced for a refined, smooth and creamy feel with a sweet and open midrange. The voicing of this amp makes it one of the most comfortable high gain amps you'll ever play and is equally as fast, responsive, dynamic and harmonically rich
The Decada features DA's signature "low focus" switch on the rear panel. The low focus switch provides 3 positions - low, mid, high. Moving from low to high focuses the low end relative to the mids and highs as well as creates an evenness across all the strings to the high E is not overrung by the low E
To top it off, we have added an adjustable, switchable boost that overrides Channel 1, Channel 2A and Channel 2B. When the boost is on, you can dial in approximately a 0 to 20db boost over all three settings allowing you to choose any of your 3 settings and switch on the boost to give you the extra volume you need for leads or lead passages
The Decada also features a real, correctly-designed effects loop. You do not need a foot switch; you do not have to push a button. Just plug a cable into the effects send and the loop activates. The loop is tube buffered and will not affect your tone
The front panel features a master volume, which reads E. Return (effects return). When the loop is on, the E. Return knob acts as the amp's overall master (turn this knob up or down to increase or decrease the amps overall volume) and the volume control for each channel acts as the effects send level control. When the loop is off, each channel's volume control acts as that channel's master volume
Like all current and future Diamond Amplification products, the Decada features the highest quality components and construction. Every component was selected and tested for this head. The Decada features 7 selected 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 Winged-C EL34's for its power stage. Each part was personally spec'd and tested by us to ensure maximum performance and reliability, from the transformers to the switches and knobs
All channels and the boost can be accessed by the supplied 4-button footswitch. The footswitch is connected via an XLR cable so a single control cable runs from your controller to the amp. Three 1/4" jacks are also tied to the footswitch controls on the back panel allowing you to control the Decada from any device that provides for 1/4" tip to ground switching. For maximum versatility, DA also offers its new MAC-2 (designed in conjunction with RJM Music). The MAC-2 is a half rack space MIDI interface box that allows you to control your head with any standard MIDI pedal. Check it out on its product page! If you really want to open up your options, try a custom designed switching system from Custom Audio Electronic's proprietor Bob Bradshaw. For more info: www.customaudioelectronics.com
THIS AMP IS IN STOCK NOW !!!
The best of American muscle join forces. Two of the US premier amp builders created in the 327SD, a first of its kind - an amplifier co-engineered by Diamond and...
About Assassin A Class A fire-breather, the Assassin is an 18watt (although the measured output is 26watts) high gain, single channel, gigable and affordable amp suitable for nearly every situation....
About Assassin Combo A Class A fire-breather, the Assassin is an 18watt (although the measured output is 26watts) high gain, single channel, gigable and affordable amp suitable for nearly every...